Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Presents" Day



Yesterday was President's Day.  We were getting in the car to go and Eric says, "Mom is it still giving day?"  I was a little confused and didn't quite know what he meant.  I asked if he meant like Thanksgiving, a holiday.  He said sure and I said yes it is a holiday but it is President's Day.  He said okay, but then asked to go to a toy store and get something.  He is always asking to go to a toy store.  Later he asked if it was still giving day.  Again I told him it was a holiday.  Again he said okay.  Then even later he asked again if it was still giving day.  I said it is President's Day.  This time Rubie piped up, "A present for me!?"  Then I realized what Eric had heard me say.  "Presents Day."  He had been expecting a present all day long.  I then tried to explain what President's Day is all about.  Their eyes glazed over and so I basically said it is a holiday, but we don't give presents.  Well that was disappointing.

2 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

That is so funny. I would have felt bad for not giving them presents after that. Too cute.

Beth said...

That is so hilarious!