Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dear Scott, 17 February 2011

Dear Scott,

It's 6:30 am and the kids are still sleeping.  For a few minutes anyways.  I try to be so quiet but they still seem to get  up early.  The other morning, on Tuesday, I had some other kids playing here.  I noticed I hadn't seen Rubie for a while.  I wondered what mischief she was up to.  But she had decided to take a nap.  Her door was closed, her fan was on, and she was asleep in her bed.  She is pretty good at taking care of herself.

We received your long letter yesterday.  I really enjoyed reading it.  I'm sorry to hear that the PT has not been all that you expected it to be.  I agree that is disappointing.  That leaves more to each individual to set a standard for themselves to get to.  Before you even wrote about us coming to see you for your graduation I have been thinking about it.  I really would like to come and have the time at Ft. Jackson, rent a car, drive you to VA, then go see Jessica and Courtney.  And I would also love to bring the kids to do that.  However, as I have been looking for plane tickets, oh my goodness!  We would have to purchase plane tickets for all 3 of us.  Each ticket is over $600.  Spending that kind of money just on the plane tickets makes me a little sick to my stomach.  Also the letter that I received from Ft. Jackson show that your report time to AIT is on Friday, April 1st at 1700 hrs.  Ft. Lee is just 332 miles from Ft. Jackson, so we could make that time by car on Friday.  So I thought maybe I could just drive with you.  But then that increases the cost of the flight for me not flying out of the same airport, also that increases the length of time I'm gone adding the burden of taking care of the kids on someone else.  So I think this is what I will do.  I am going to get a flight and come fly out of Utah on Tuesday, 29 March.  I'll be at Ft. Jackson for family day and your graduation on March 30, 31.  Then I'll have a flight home on Friday morning.  I know that you would like to be able to spend longer together, but I think this is the best option.  

We had a very nice Valentine's Day.  The weather was beautiful that day.  We spent the day over at the Tulett's.  I was able to take the kids to the park and they played in the sand and on the playground.  Jessica Wilson showed up with her boys Dylan and Adam and that was a nice surprise.  Carlee was back at lunch time and then I was able to run in the warmish weather and have a nice workout.  Then I went back to the Tulett's and Nate and Carlee were able to have a date together.  When we got home we had lots of Valentine treats on our porch waiting for us.  There were coloring books and crayons from Andy and Beth.  Rolls from the Ness's.  Muffins from Liz, and a big box of presents from my mom.  We felt lots of love for Valentine's Day.  I hope you enjoyed your day. We sure thought of you.  I love you and the kids love you.

No comments: