Tuesday, November 30, 2010

September in 2010

Because I'm still trying to get caught up on the blog I'm going to put the whole month of September into one post.  September seemed to be mostly filled with races and events for me.  We started out with the Red Rock Relay race.  I got on a team of people because of Carlee and Jessica Wilson.  I was in Carlee's vehicle with her and Jessica, two college boys and brothers Tyler and Travis, and Kathy.  We had a lot of fun.  It was also fun to get to know the other teams as well.  John and Steve were on a team with their police friends.  We also loved seeing our family in Toquerville and spending a few days with them.
At the first van transition in Cedar Canyon.  Steve had a different costume for each leg of his runs.  He kept it fun.

My first run down Cedar Canyon.  It was a fast downhill 6.5 miles.  It was gorgeous scenery the whole way.  My second run was in the middle of the night.  That was actually my favorite and best run of the whole relay.

At the park near Zion Canyon.  Waiting for Carlee to pass the baton to me.  Scott and the kids met our team here to cheer us for the final way into Zion.

Momma and kids were happy to be together again.

Steve in another crazy costume.  Who would want to run in jean shorts?  We would both run the 2nd to last leg of the relay.

Passing of the baton.

And I'm off.  My run would be along the highway into Zion Canyon.

Someone is not happy that her Mommy just ran away from her again.

But a trip to the park can make things better.

It's a long day for these little guys.  Playing and climbing makes it more fun.

Not a very interesting run along the highway.  Lots of traffic and it is HOT.  Literally 100 degrees.

If it looks like I'm moving very slowly, it's not just the camera.  This was the slowest run for me.  I usually can't even run that slow when I try.  The weather and not being properly nourished, and little sleep really took its toll this day.

We finally made it.  We finished around 2pm.

Team Competition 4x4.
 The next week me, the kids, and Carolyn met Grandam Jeppson at the Clark Planetarium.  Her office sponsored a thank you event.  We got to see "Under the Sea" in 3D.  The movie was just about 50 minutes long.  It was so entertaining to watch Eric try to touch the fish and underwater plants that seemed to be right in front of his face.  Rubie also had dramatic reactions to some of the fish. It was a very enjoyable experience.  Then we enjoyed a quick dinner at McDonald's.
 The next day I had the Wonder Woman Century ride.  Carlee competed in the 30 mile version of the ride.  I was actually really nervous because I had not yet ridden 100 miles this season.  Up to this point 81 miles was the most I'd gotten in.  However, this was a super fun ride.  It was fun and the fastest century I'd ever ridden.  I was the first finisher of the century ride in 4 hours 51 minutes.
At the finish with Carlee.

Marci Lameroux could not ride as she is recovering from injuries from a crash earlier in the year.  She was nominated as one of the "Wonder Women".
 After the ride that same day, we had a Lockhart family reunion out at Camp Williams.  It was a beautiful day, but as always, so windy.  We enjoyed a meal and visiting with Scott's cousins and family members.
 The next weekend found me on another century ride, this one beginning in Heber.  The Heber Valley Century.  I rode with John, Steve Baum.., and Steve Gray.  We had a super fun ride.  I ended up not staying with these three too long but hooked up with some other riders including the Xango owner.  He later sent me some Xango juice to help my shoulder heal and one of their nice biking outfits.

The morning was cold but it warmed up.  My ride time was under 5 hours, but total time out was almost 6.  This was a more difficult ride that the Wonder Woman.  Lots of good hills to climb.  I definitely want to do this one again.

2 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

I am so excited for you to be doing so many races. ad you did amazing in all of them! Way to go!

Jamie Pearson said...

Jen you are amazing. I can't believe all the races you were in. I wish I had your will power. I need you as a trainer! Congrats on all your races.