Saturday, November 20, 2010

A day at the Jarvis', and on their last day

When I knew that the Jarvis' would be moving, I took my camera with us to the house one Monday on one of our exchanges in July.  I just wanted to capture some of our normal everyday adventures with each other.
These kids love to be together.  They get lots of energy and excitement from each other.

We usually start out playing for a few minutes in the house before we head outside.

Best buds.  I think they are already feeling sad from being separated.  I know how they feel.

I would take the kids to the Exchange Park near the Jarvis' condo.  After a while, Noah got bored with that park and wanted to try some new parks.  This day we went to the Wilderness Park.  Kids love bridges.

Max and Rubie were interested in the ducks.  The ducks wondered if they had anything to eat.

On the playground.

They all love to climb.

...and swing.  Rubie especially loves the swings.

Wilderness cats exploring the forest.

Another bridge.

She usually does her own thing.  Max tries to stay up with Noah and Eric, but Rubie explores on her own.

A bridge of sticks over a stream.

Max and Rubie headed for the pavilion to climb and jump on the tables.




Eric and Noah found sand to build with.  And then Max comes along to destroy.

On the day that the Jarvis' moved we went to visit them at their Grandma and Grandpa Jarvis' house and to watch them pull out.  I thought it would help Eric and Rubie understand that they were moving if they saw them drive away in the big moving truck.  It did, but what I didn't realize is how hard it would be for me to watch.

While Sarah was finishing up packing and last minute preparations, Karl and I played with the kids in their yard and in the Ellis' yard.












Aren't these kids beautiful!


Bye Noah and Max.  We will miss playing with you so much.  We look forward to seeing you whenever you come to visit, and we will try to visit you.  Thanks for being our very best friends the last few years.

1 comment:

Sarah Jarvis said...

I almost missed this post! I am so glad I went back to look at your older posts. It is harder now that your blog is private and it does not just come up on my google reader. Plus, I decided to not read it too often, since its not helping to see what kind of fun you guys are up to... But thank you so much for all the pictures! Priceless!
We are coming up around Dec 20th and will be there through Eric's B-day. Can't wait to hang out.
Yesterday Max and Noah wanted to sing the meatball song and I don't know it and we missed you!
Love!