Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hello, Goodbye

This morning we got to church early enough to get a bench seat.  When we sat down I opened the bulletin and saw an announcement for a ward activity.  I opened my phone to put it in the calendar and saw a reminder for Claire Forste's mission farewell talk.  I said to Scott, "Aww, it's Claire Forste's farewell talk right now."  He said let's go.  So we got up, walked home got in the car and drove to Orem.  We made it right when the sacrament was finished just a few moments before Claire spoke.  She gave a beautiful talk on having faith, doubting our doubts, relying on Christ and His perfection.  She spoke for just a few moments and shared her testimony.  She is going to be a wonderful missionary and have a wonderful mission experiences.  Then the Miller's oldest daughter Kristie reported on her mission.  She gave an amazing talk on missionary work.  She was very inspiring.  We loved visiting with and seeing old friends from the ward.  We really enjoy those people and look forward to keeping up contact and friendships with the people in that ward and neighborhood.

Scott got done with AT on Wednesday.  He came home Wednesday in enough time to go to the pool with us.  We also took 2 of the Platts with us.  Ann Ashton came later with 2 of her girls.  I left them at the pool and headed to YW activity which was in the Wimmer's back yard.  Then went back to pick everyone up at 8:00.  Thursday afternoon at final formation Scott received his promotion to Sergeant.  The kids and I were able to attend.  We met many of the soldiers Scott works with.  This is a big deal for him, I didn't really think about what a big deal it was until the officers and leaders kept telling me it was.  Then I remembered when Ben became a Sergeant.  Scott is now an NCO.  He has always been a leader in whatever unit or section, or whatever he is in, but now he is officially an officer.  We were able to stay and have dinner there with the unit.  Scott was able to show Eric and Rubie some of the guns, and BIG guns that were there at the armory.  There are some pretty cute pictures of Eric holding guns as big as he is.  Apparently Rubie did not want to touch the guns.

Friday morning I took the kids to Thanksgiving Point Museum of Curiosity again.  Again it was super crowded.  We went to two rooms we didn't go into last time.  The Water Works, and the Motion room.  Very cool.  Lots of displays that are physics based.  I am excited to go there after school starts on one of the kids' day off of school when it will not be so crowded so they can enjoy it more.  The Tullet's came over in the afternoon.  Then Scott and I had an activity to go to with his unit.  It was called Strong Bonds.  We had dinner at Rodizio Grill at Trolley Square and then the chaplain gave a talk and strengthening our marriage relationships.  It was a very good talk and has given me some things to consider.

Yesterday morning I had Ruthie come over early, Scott had to go work for his last day of AT and I went on a bike ride with a group of people James gathered.  I love riding again.  I love getting to know other clients of James' and getting to know him better.  We biked Squaw Peak, South Fork, then the Alpine Loop.  I am becoming a better cyclists.  I feel good about the shape I'm getting into.  We are going to be making some upgrades to my bike to help me improve even more.  Yeah!

This week we are looking forward to our camping trip this weekend to Strawberry Reservoir.  I'm excited about it.  Eric and Rubie are only so-so about it.  But they will get more excited and I know that we will have fun.

No comments: