Sunday, July 13, 2014

Camping and Family Day

For the 4th of July weekend Scott booked us a camping spot near Strawberry Reservoir in Lodgepole Campground.  It turns out the campground was just about 15 miles outside of Heber, just below Daniels Summit. Being the 4th of July weekend there were lots of campers and vacationers.  Mostly campers with RV's that were there to ATV and fish.  Scott did get a fishing license and took Eric and Rubie fishing.  Rubie quickly determined that fishing was boring, but Eric wanted to try a couple more times.  They still did not ever catch any fish but I think they at least enjoyed trying.  Our campground was beautiful being full of lodge pole pines and aspens.  Paved up to each campsite with a table and firepit, groomed areas for tents and flushing toilets.  We stayed at the camp most of the time just hanging out, making dutch oven, playing card games, walking around, and I didn't even make the kids hike.  I did go on a hike/trail run one afternoon while everyone napped.  I ran into a herd of cows that were not happy to have me there and a fox made eye contact and then ran away.  We stayed until Sunday morning and very much enjoyed ourselves.  I didn't sleep that great being on the edge of the mattress next to Samuel.  I took me a few days to recover from that  (actually I'm not sure that I ever actually recover from not enough sleep).  That is a hard one for me to really catch up on. 

We had a normal week full of summer homework, friends, biking, the pool, babysitters, and then family day on Saturday.  Scott's army unit had Family Day on Saturday.  Since I need to put time and miles in on my bike I biked to the activity and Scott took the kids.  Scott got the kids up and took them to first formation and then to the park for the activity.  I biked 70 miles out on the West side of Utah Lake to Santaquin and to the really cool park in Spanish Fork.  I played with the kids in the splash pad and water fight, we enjoyed great food and visiting. 

Right now Scott is at army, I had a meeting with our new Mia Maid presidency, Samuel is napping, and now Eric, Rubie and I are watching their favorite new show Big Time Rush!


No comments: