Sunday, June 22, 2014

Mid June

We have had a busy week.  We spent a morning at the dentist office where all three kids received cleanings.  No cavities!!  Eric had a few sealings added to some new molars and his front tooth was pulled.  The tooth was placed in a little yellow treasure box and sent home with him. He was so excited to put it under his pillow.  But the next morning, he found the tooth still in the treasure box, not exactly under his pillow, but still on his bed.  Oh no!  What happened?  Could the tooth fairy not find his tooth?  Did she somehow not know his tooth came out?  What happened?  But the next night it went back under his pillow and in the morning there was a crisp dollar bill in its place.

Wednesday morning I decided we needed to do something fun before Isaac came because I didn't know what it would be like once he got here.  Since the weather was chilly and had rained earlier in the week we went to Thanksgiving Point to the new Museum of Curiosity.  What an amazing building and museum.  We spent 2-2 1/2 hours there and only saw 2 rooms of the 5 that were there.  It was so crowded it was even hard to walk and maneuver around.  That made it hard for Samuel to explore.  Eric and Rubie had a great time.  I bought us a membership and plan to go once a week throughout the summer.  We also have an Odd Day Pass to the PG pool.  Between those two things we will be kept busy because we also want to hike, play with friends, go on the Murdock Trail and other things.

I was given 2, yes 2 callings in Church today.  Scott and I have been asked to serve as Family History Consultants (the ward has recently called about 5 couples to that), and I was asked to serve in YWs again.  I was put right back in to the mia maid class.  I am thrilled to be there.  We have a great group of girls that I am very excited to get to know better.  I feel like with being mom, and training, I am now going to be very busy. 

Beth brought Isaac down on Wednesday.  She and Andy were participating in their ward youth conference.  Andy came and picked him up this morning right before church.  He was a delight to have.  He is such a good little boy.  Eric and Rubie were so good to help out where needed.  Rubie really enjoyed playing with him.  He latched right on to her and followed her around and started calling her "Ma".  He and Samuel were so funny together.  Samuel was a little possessive of me when it came to taking care of Isaac.  Sometimes they had to exert dominance over the other one by pinching, hitting, or something else.  But Samuel was also very loving and wanted to hug and cuddle Isaac.  Most the time Isaac was not happy about it, he though Sam was wrestling or being mean.  Isaac just loved to be with the kids, playing, and having fun.  I did take all the kid for a quick grocery shopping trip, we went to the park, we went to the Manila Creek pond, I put Isaac and Sam in the double chariot for walks and a bike ride.  And they did great!  We loved having him here.  I set him up in Eric and Rubie's room and they slept in our room.  It worked out just fine.  I even had a babysitting on Thursday while I did a bike workout at James.  But I didn't feel like I could do that for a long ride on Saturday morning so I biked for 2 1/2 hours on my trainer.  That was a hard ride mentally, especially because I didn't have a specific workout to do.  But I got through it.  I am spending a lot of money on babysitters.  I don't know how else to do it.  I need to find more moms and families to help with the kids so I can make time for the temple, massage, even grocery shopping.  If I had more money, I would really have a house keeper that could grocery shop, cook, and clean.  That would allow me to do things with the kids and then take time for exercise, temple, and other things without having to worry about those temporal necessities.

No comments: