Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day.  Scott is at Drill.  It is his 2nd day of AT.  Oh, he just walked in the door.  They let him out early because it is Father's Day! How nice.  Well, he did start AT on Friday.  From Friday thru Tuesday he will go morning to evening and be back here in the evening.  From Wednesday the 18th through Sunday the 29th, he will be gone to Wendover.  Those 10 days feel like it will be a long time.

I started training with James Lawrence.  So good!! He had me do some bike workouts that were hard work this week.  It was great!  The hardest part is that I need to them at his house on his compu trainer so I can go according to the watts.  But that means I have to have 3 babysitters.  I've got Bailee Wallace to cover one.  Carlee to do the other.  And now I need another one.  That is a money I have to spend on babysitters.  And with a Saturday ride.  Ouch!  And I'm paying James.  This is an expensive hobby for me.  Yesterday I went on a ride for over 7 hours.  I left the house just after 5 a.m.  Met Sunny and Arwen on the trail.  We rode over the Alpine Loop.  Arwen left us when we got down from Sundance.  Sunny and I continued up Provo Canyon.  The Utah Valley Marathon was going on and one half of the road was closed to vehicles for it.  So we rode up the canyon all the way to Wallsburg in our own lane.  It was AWESOME!  We were cheering for the runners as we rode and some were cheering for us.  As we were riding the old man with a beard in a T-shirt, running shorts, and a head band came on out and went right between Sunny and I giving us high 5's.  It was John Bozung!  A local running hero and legend.  I guess Sunny and James just know a lot of people in sport.  We continued riding through Heber and then on up to Jordanelle, the Rock Cliff beach where the Triathlon was going on.  Carlee and some other friends and athletes of James were there.  Carlee did really well at the Triathlon, she took 3rd in the Olympic.  Natalie Rasmussen, a friend of Sunny and James and a client, also has become a friend of Carlee's, took 1st in the Sprint.  Natalie is one of the girls that will be on the Saints to Sinners Relay team.  Well Sunny and I, Carlee, Natalie, James, and a few others biked home from Rock Cliff.  I say a few others because we never saw them after we started out.  The wind was terrible and it took us a lot longer than expected.  I had a babysitter here, Erin Hardy, for the kids.  I thought we would be back between noon and 1.  I got back and 2:30. I loved it though.  I thought my legs would be tired and sore, not so!  Just my neck and across the top of my shoulders.  I'm not sure why that part of my body always gets the worst of it.

Saturday night after Scott got home we went to an Elder's Quorum activity for about an hour.  We felt like we should go as there is usually just one activity like that each year.  It was a fun group of people in the Jenkins/Crosby's party barn.  But of course Samuel was mad about me leaving again.

I continue to struggle to find time to train, cook, clean, grocery shop, and have fun with the kids.  We bought an Odd Day pass to the PG pool.  We can spend hours there.  Eric and Rubie love it.  Sam doesn't love it so much.  He will play in the shallow water for a few minutes and likes to just wander around the pool and explore.  I would love to be able to send Eric and Rubie with some of the other families in the neighborhood that have pool passes. If I could have a little more $ for nanny/babysitters it wouldn't be so hard.  I could have someone take Eric and Rubie to the pool, and maybe someone else for Sam.  Or someone here while I train, grocery shop.  Just a couple times a week would be great.

No comments: