Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday January 30, 2011

Dear Scott,

Rubie has asked for you many times this week.  Whenever she feels that I have been mean to her, or she gets in trouble.  She tells me that she doesn't like me anymore and she wants her Daddy.  She woke up a little early this morning and I think wanted to cuddle.  I was busy in the kitchen and so again she asked for Daddy.  I don't know if I should tell you those things.  Just want you to know that Rubie has not forgotten about her Daddy in the army.

We have had a busy week.  On Monday we spent all day at the Tulett's then came home to have a Family Home Evening with Lloyd and Carolyn.  Tuesday we got a really good snow storm.  Had some friends over, went to the Little Gym, and had dinner with Lloyd and Carolyn.  Wednesday Eric and Rubie went to the Pendleton's while I went for a run and tried to do some things around the house.  Eric had his Little Gym class.  Thursday the Tulett's came here, I fixed dinner for Lloyd (Carolyn had a work party).  Friday was our turn to host pre-school.  Many of the moms stayed to visit for a little while when they came to pick up their kids.  In the afternoon the kids played at the Gold's Gym play room while I swam and then we met Dan, Brandee and their boys, and Bob at the Lehi pool for some fun.  Saturday I spent two hours on my bike trainer, then ran two miles. Eric and Rubie both had a Little Gym make-up class, then we went to Dan and Brandee's.  Dan, Brandee, and I were going to the temple, but Brandee was sick and so I went by myself.  Today my mom and dad came to church with us, stayed for dinner, and Lloyd and Carolyn joined us.  Mom gave us a great FHE message.  And we enjoyed apple pie and a nice visit.  Dad's gift to me was cleaning the kitchen.  It hasn't been this clean in a long time.  Of course he did all the dishes by hand so even the dishwasher is empty.  I actually love that kind of gift.  And how does he do it so fast.  How come it seems to take me so much longer to clean the kitchen than it takes him.  It must be because I get interrupted to get some juice, change a diaper, find a toy or various other things.

The week went by very quickly and we seemed so busy.  I really enjoyed my workouts this week, preschool, my time in the temple, time with the kids, and time with friends and family.

People in the ward and your family have all asked about you.  I'm sure that you are having a great time.  I hope that you are learning lots, making new friends and enjoying all the punishments or I mean push-ups.

We love you!

Love, Jen, Eric, and Rubie

No comments: