Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 20, 2011

Dear Scott,

On Tuesday I was able to spend time with you for just a few hours.  I really enjoyed seeing you and speaking with you about our feelings for each other and about being separated for the next few months.  Thank you for the blessing you gave me.  I was grateful we could go to Temple Square, that the Sisters allowed us to use a small room for a moment for you to give me a blessing.  I was grateful that the Sisters talked to us about missionary work.  I need that reminder always put in my mind.  I know that you will have many opportunities and how fortunate to start off your experience with one.  Thanks for sharing with me about your 2nd night stay with your roommate.  Yes you do need to brush up on your skills.  But one skill you must always remember is that "open your mouth, and will fill it."  The greatest skill you need is simply to allow the Spirit to work and speak through you.  Open your mind and heart to the Spirit, then open your mouth and the words will come out.

I was grateful that we could sit in that restaurant overlooking the Salt Lake Temple.  It reminded me of our marriage sealing for all eternity.  I was not sad or teary saying good-bye to you.  Maybe because you were and so it made me want to be stronger, but also because the Spirit was reminding me things were going to be okay.  I have had a number of people ask me either in person, text, facebook, on the phone, or whatever, how I am doing.  And I'm doing fine.  I am positive and happy and things are great at home--they are the same.  I do think of you all the time.  I wonder what it is like for you.  What the base looks like, what the people are like, where you are sleeping and eating and if you are having a great time.  I hope you are.  Like I told you, I want you to make the most of this basic training experience, for you, and for me and the kids.  Each time it is hard and difficult, think of Eric and Rubie and how you will teach them that when you wanted to give up, or it was too hard, or whatever, that you pushed through.  That you made it, and not only survived but became a stronger person for it.

Eric and Rubie talk about you.  Rubie has a hard time remembering you are at the army and won't be coming home for a while.  But we pray for you multiple times each day.  We remember to say our morning and evening prayers.  I hope that you are, because I think of you kneeling by your bed and praying to Heavenly Father whenever we do.

Yesterday we took advantage of Gold's Playroom first thing in the morning.  Eric and Rubie played while I had a crappy run.  I can't seem to have a good run--even on the treadmill to save my life.  I'm really frustrated about my running and it makes me very anxious about the half marathon this weekend.  After the gym the Pendleton kids came over for a few hours.  I'm really grateful for their friendship.  They are great kids to.  Eric had Little Gym and loved it.  They are learning hockey and hand stands.  They sent us home with home work to practice hand stands and slap shots.  Eric and I took a fast trip to Sunflower Market and then home to get dinner ready for us and Lloyd and Carolyn.  After dinner Eric stayed with Lloyd and us girls went to Winco for Carolyn to do her grocery shopping.  That was a long day and I was tired at the end of it.  After prayer, scripture, brushing teeth and a story, we all feel asleep on our bed.  I woke up and put Rubie in her bed.  Within the last two night she has not gotten out of her bed in the middle of the night.  Both kids have slept in until 7:00, and at 7:35 Eric just barely got up.  That is great for me, these early morning hours can be very productive.

Well, we have a busy day.  We love you!

No comments: