Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rubie is 6 months old!

Rubie is now 6 months old. At her 6 month check-up with the Dr., she was 17 lbs and 28 inches long. She is such a happy and sweet little girl. She went through a few weeks of being sick. She caught a cold that the other 3 of us had. But her cold also gave her ear infections and pneumonia. It took of a few days of her suffering before I finally took her to the hospital, she is a trooper. She sure loves other kids and really enjoys when Noah and Max come over to play or we go over there. She likes to play with toys and when she can, loves to get her hands on Eric's most loved toys. She must think that if Eric loves these toys so much, they must be special. Eric is a typical brother with her. He gets some toys taken away each day for hitting her on the head with them, such as balls, buckets, and spoons. I also had a shock when Eric tried to feed Rubie chocolate pudding. I was in the kitchen and Eric was eating his pudding. Rubie was playing on the floor. Eric excitedly started telling me that something was all over Rubie's face and that I better come clean her. I thought perhaps she had spit up. When I looked, her face looked worse than his, totally covered in the chocolate pudding.

If I wasn't so paniked about Eric feeding her pudding I would have taken a picture. I don't think she really got any in her mouth. But it was all over her face. Sometimes Eric wants to share, it's just not always the right thing.







This Rubie napping in the sun while Eric and his friend Zach are playing outside and jumping in the puddles.

1 comment:

Dellitt said...

I didn't know there was anything wrong with feeding a six month old pudding, other than a two year old can't tell if she might be choking. How old does she have to be?