Sunday, November 6, 2016

Rubie's Primary Talk

Rubie’s talk 25 September 2016

            In Doctrine and Covenants section 133:37, the Lord gave Joseph Smith instructions for missionaries.  It says, “And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation and kindred, and tongue, and people.”
            This past week in our family scripture study we have been reading about Alma and Amulek preaching the gospel to the people of Ammonihah.  The people were rude and angry, took their clothes, spit on them, burned all the believers and the scriptures, and threw Alma and Amulek in prison.  I learned from Alma and Amulek to never give up.  God blessed them for not taking back their testimonies.  He eventually helped them break the ropes that they were tied up with.  Their strongest unbeliever even changed his mind about what they taught.  I can be like Alma and Amulek and always share my testimony even when others don’t believe what I say.
            My great-great-grandma Rubie, that I am named after, was a missionary even as a little girl.  She lived outside of the town of Cardston, Alberta, Canada.  Her family and other families would make trades with the Indians.  They would trade food and other useful items and even dolls and toys.  One time Grandma Rubie wanted to share with the Indians the Book of Mormon.  She wrote her testimony on the inside cover of some of them and gave them to the Indians.  Some of the Indians thanked her and later told her they read the Book. 
            I want to follow the example of Alma and Amulek and my Great-Great Grandma Rubie, by sharing the gospel with others.  There are many ways that I can share the gospel now by simply living like Jesus by being kind to others, being helpful, having a positive attitude, and learning all I can about the gospel.
            I was baptized just 3 weeks ago, as part of being a member of the Church I have promised to share the gospel with others.
            I know that Heavenly Father is our true father in heaven.  He will bless me to share the gospel as I try to do it.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love watching Rubie deliver her talk today in Primary.  She is still shy right when she gets up in front of people, but she is over-coming that.  She delivered her talk so well.  She spoke clearly and distinctly into the microphone.  She had practiced reading her talk and so she gave it very well.  I was very proud of her for working so hard to become a good reader and working on developing her testimony.  I love this beautiful girl!

No comments: