Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Letter Writing

So I have set a goal with the kids that I will help them write a letter to someone each Sunday.  There are a couple of reasons we have decided to do this.  1. We have 1:00 church and need appropriate Sabbath Day activities to do. 2. The wants want to get mail and so I thought to get mail we better send some out.  3. It will help with their learning to read and write. 4. We have friends and family that live out of state that we can communicate with. 5. It gets them thinking about someone else.  And probably some other good reasons too.  Last week was our first week of doing it.  Eric wrote a letter to Uncle Emmanuel and Rubie wrote a letter to Max Jarvis.  I didn't think about it until today but I would like to include their letters in our Family Memory Book.  I have asked for Emmanuel to send a copy of Eric's letter back so I can include it but I do have this week's to include.  So from here on out I will include the letters the kids are writing and hopefully get back to.

Letter to Uncle Andy from Eric,

Good job on finishing your Master's Degree.  We just got a trampoline.  You and Isaac should come jump on it soon.

I'm excited that I will be going to first grade and Rubie will be going to kindergarten in my shcool.

I am learning to read really well.  I get second grade level books now.  What I like about school is science and art but not fire drills so much.  But I like recess and my teacher.  The kids in my class are named Maren, Reyden and his friend is Hyrum.  There is Jordan and Benson and Kaycee and Sandra, Nathan, Adam, Olea, Erik M., Cody, and my friend Nicholas is six but taller than me and is now going to a different school.  I am getting really good at math in school.  I always get 100% on my spelling tests.  In a few weeks I will get to wear a Shakespeare costumer to school.  I'm hoping I get to wear a knight costume.

My Dad took us to see the movie The Croods.  It was very funny and guess how they take pictures?  They flick a coconut and sand comes out, they have paint on their body, a big thing comes down and smacks them and leaves their picture on a rock.

Yesterday after getting home from playing with Cougar my mom got me some new clothes.  A T-shirt with lightning coming out from a skull and head-phones over the skull.  And two new pairs of skinny jeans.  Finally the store had green in my size and I'm going to wear them after church.

Sincerely, Eric

(and he included a picture he colored of a bow tie and a hat)

No comments: