Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thought on April 2

Today Samuel is 5 months old.  To "celebrate" I took the kids to Target to have some pictures taken.  Getting pictures with one kid is not bad.  Two can be a challenge, but three or more--Ugh!  We never got all three kids looking at the camera and smiling at the same time.  Being so young they did not last long either.  So I had to settle for less than perfect pictures but they will do.  The kids of course all so handsome and cute.

Eric and Rubie are on Spring Break this week.  That and coupons for Target portrait studio coming through motivated me to get pictures.  It took soooo much longer with the 3 of them than I planned.  I didn't even have Eric and Rubie get individual pictures.  The photographer just got a few of Sam before they were all done.  Then I have to sit with the photographer and go over the packages and choose the pictures that we want to get.  It took at least 2 hours or more.  So then we went to McDonald's because Eric and Rubie needed to just play and let out the energy.

Samuel is a complete joy.  He is really dependent on his schedule, which I love.  Sometimes though it is hard because I cannot do errands or shopping and we need to be at home.  Thank goodness there are so many other kids in the neighborhood for Eric and Rubie to play with.  Samuel has such a cute personality.  He is pretty easy going and relaxed.  Sometimes he can be so "talkative".  When he gets excited about something he kicks his legs and his little body kind of vibrates out from the center to his arms and legs.  He has a beautiful smile.  He can makes the cutest coos and babbles.  He can scream but isn't a loud or crazy crier.  Eric and Rubie adore him but most the time are way too loud and crazy right in his face.  They have to try to be soft and gentle.

Eric is doing so well in school.  He is an amazing reader.  His teacher said that she is sending him books on the 3rd grade level.  He surprises us sometimes at what he can read.  He is super social too.  He is a good kid.  He doesn't like to do his homework or jobs at home, but he is motivated by privileges and our ticket system with prizes so he does it.  He is a good boy and I appreciate his help and good attitude.  He is doing really well in karate when he pays attention.  He has a hard time staying focused sometimes.  I wonder if it is because he is now the oldest in the class and needs someone else to help him stay in line.

Rubie is full of energy all the time.  Her teachers say she is a doll in school and they really enjoy her.  She had her interview to gain acceptance to American Heritage last week.  She did well.  But had a hard time sitting still and got annoyed at some of the questions.  I'm not as anxious this time about Rubie getting in as I was Eric.  Not because she is better prepared, but because Eric did the hard work of getting the family in and unless there is some blaring reason why Rubie won't get in, I'm pretty certain she will.  She is doing so well in her dance class and in karate.

I'm trying to get back in shape but it is slow going.  I get frustrated with myself and lack of time to exercise.  It was easier before kids were in school because we could go to the gym and trade babysitting with a friend.  But now with their schedule if I don't work out in the early morning I cannot get a workout in.  So that part is frustrating to me.  But I'm trying to keep a good attitude about it and remember there is a time and a season for everything.  I'm trying to eat clean (I could do a better job) so that my body isn't only dependent on exercise to get back to where I want it.

Scott is so busy.  He has lots of stress on him.  Between MarketStar and MBA classes, he is also starting Whitefield--business with Chris and John, exercise, army, he doesn't ever seem to have down time and the kids and I try to steal time whenever we can.

Heavenly Father has really blessed us though.  We live in a great area with wonderful neighbors and friends.  I want to move off this corner and busy street but also the thought of leaving all the friends we have made is hard.

No comments: