Friday, December 17, 2010

Thanksgiving--I am thankful for family

This was our year to spend Thanksgiving Day with my family the Jeppson's.  But we ended up having dinner at Dan and Brandee's house with the Wilson's and my Mom and Dad joined us there.  None of my siblings were in town this year for Thanksgiving.  Mom had knee replacement surgery just a few weeks before Thanksgiving and I didn't want to make Thanksgiving dinner just for that little group.  So Brandee generously invited us to join them.  Brandee is an amazing hostess.  First of all, Dan and Jack were gone to Mexico the week and day of Thanksgiving with Builders without Borders.  She works full-time and still managed to put on a BEAUTIFUL dinner.  It is obvious that Brandee loves Thanksgiving and loves to make the tables and her home so lovely and inviting.  Of course we all pitched in with different parts of the dinner, but Brandee orchestrated it all.  I loved having my parents there to share the day with them as well.  Brandee had assigned seating for all of us and they were seated with Russ and Linda, and Brandee's parents Kathy and Terry.  The kids spent most of the day playing.  They are finally old enough that I don't have to entertain them the whole time.  Brandee had some nice cards and invited us all to record a favorite Thanksgiving memory.  It was nice to hear some of those.  I'm not sure how it happened but everyone left and I still wanted to play games.  All Brandee's kids went with Kathy and Terry to spend the night there.  So we were able to spend some quality time with Brandee playing a game, visiting, and enjoying some dessert.

After dinner we grabbed Nikki to come outside into the frigid air and take some pictures of us.  It is so difficult to get a decent picture with little kids.  Also, I don't know why we didn't take any pictures of the dinner or others.










 A little editing and this pose could work.
I love Thanksgiving because it is a day that allows me to focus on and voice what I am grateful for.  I do feel gratitude each day for all the people that show me so much service in my life.  But I do think it is nice to have a day devoted specifically to being grateful.  I love my little family.  Eric and Rubie are the greatest blessings to me.  I feel blessed to have such good children with cute personalities.  They constantly delight me with the things they say and do.  I am so grateful to have a husband that loves me and our children so much.  He is a great provider and works so hard for us.  We are blessed with our situation.  We are blessed to live in such a beautiful area.  We have fantastic neighbors and so many friends in our life.  Thank you Heavenly Father for all these blessings.  All of these things come from thee.

No comments: