Sunday, August 21, 2016

Summer Vacation End

Summer vacation has come to an end.  The 2016-2017 school year begins tomorrow.  For Eric and Rubie and our family that will be at Grovecrest Elementary this year.  Earlier this week we were able to go and meet each of the teachers.  Eric has Mr. Johnson and Rubie has Mrs. Whipple.  Both teachers seem great and I believe the kids are in good hands in these classes.  I have not been a worrier parent, but I do worry about how well the children do in school and what kind of experience they have.  I want it to be good and memorable.

We had a meeting with Brain Balance to encourage us to continue with doing Rubie's exercises throughout the year.  But I also took her to visit with her pediatrician, Dr. Connor, to get her started on medication to help with her ability to focus.  I am really hoping that the combination of these things will help Rubie in school and at home during the homework time.

Scott traveled to Florida this week for work.  While he was gone I attended some family events for Brady and Stephanie's daughter, Whitney's wedding.  I attended the family dinner at La Jolla Groves and Whitney's temple wedding at the Provo City Center Temple.  Both were lovely.  I really enjoyed being in the temple.  They had a very large group crammed into the sealing room at the temple.  I really enjoy getting to know Scott's mom's side of the family more.  He has some really great aunts and uncles and cousins.

Tonight we are going over to Scott's parents home for a dinner and birthday celebration for Linda.  I believe she is 73.

No comments: