Monday, January 25, 2016

Rubie's talk

Rubie gave this talk in primary a couple weeks ago.  She delivered it so well.  She spoke clearly and confidently.  I also enjoyed writing this talk with her as we discussed the scriptures, her experiences, and her testimony.                

Rubie’s talk, 1/10/16
Nephi testified that the scriptures are the word of God.  2 Nephi 32:3 says, “Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost, wherefore, they speak the words of Christ.  Wherefore, I said unto you feast upon the words of Christ for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.”

In this scripture Nephi teaches us to feast or really study the words of Christ, because the words of Christ will always help us to know how to choose to act.

For the past couple of weeks my family and I have been reading King Benjamin’s speech in the Book of Mormon, that he gave before he died.  King Benjamin was a good example of making right choices based on the gospel.  He wanted to help his people understand that. 

Some of the things that King Benjamin taught his people were that you should serve each other, and that when you are serving other people, you are really serving God.  King Benjamin said that we should give to the poor and needy and take really good care of them.  King Benjamin also taught that leaders serve their people and should work with them and for them.  King Benjamin taught his people and us about Jesus Christ and said that we should look to Christ to help us change and become better.

At the end of his speech King Benjamin asked his people what they thought and felt about his words.  They said they believed everything that King Benjamin taught and that they had no more desire to sin.

Last week in primary, my new primary teacher gave me a CTR ring.  I was super excited about this and wanted to wear it every day to help me remember to make right choices.  I know the choices I should make because I am reading the scriptures every day.  The ring just helps me remember in certain moments to make those choices I already know are right.


I know the scriptures are true and are the word of God.  I know they will help me know more about Jesus.  I believe that President Monson is the true prophet.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: