Sunday, March 29, 2015

Yesterday we enjoyed a meal planned, shopped for, and prepared by Eric.  It was a requirement for cub scouts.  He planned for hot dogs and bacon to be cooked on the grill.  He planned a veggie tray, chips, and apples, and for dessert oreos and chocolate dipped strawberries.  It was very good and enjoyed by all of us including Brock.

Today is Fast Sunday as next week is General Conference and Easter.

Last week I missed an entry because Scott and I were on our way back from Moab.  Friday we took Samuel to Dan and Brandee's house.  Shannon Norton took Eric and Rubie home and then took them over to Dan and Brandee's that evening and Scott and I headed to Moab to celebrate our 11th Anniversary.  Scott had rented us a great, spacious condo.  We met up with the Buscio's, and Scott's Red Rock Running team.  As part of the team there was Kevin, Vince, Shauna, and a new-comer to us, Katie.  We all were there to run the Moab 1/2 marathon the next morning.  We had a delicious pasta dinner on Friday night at the Buscio's.  Saturday morning the race started at 10:00 a.m.  A late start for a race but nice because it was cold in the canyon.  Although by the time we started running, the sun was up and we all warmed up very quickly.  So much so I had to shed and lose a hat, gloves, arm warmers, and jacket.  The gloves and arm warmers were just the cheaper ones that I get for a couple dollars but my jacket was an expensive jacket that I have had for 10+ years.  Lesson learned there.  Next time I do a race like that I'll get a cheap sweatshirt that I don't care about giving up.  The race was good and I was mostly pleased with me time of 1:44.  I ran most miles give or take some around 8 minutes.  If I had someone to run with I might have been able to push myself a little more, but I felt like I had pushed myself and felt good with me effort at the end.  Scott came in after 2:30.  He ran a lot of the race with Vince and after a lot of walking decided to just go ahead.  After getting the group together and some recovery we thought we might go mountain biking (and Kevin had taken all of our bikes in a trailer).  But after we all showered and ate we ended up at the Buscio's and visited for such a long time that we kind of lost that window.  Scott and I wanted to have the night to ourselves going to dinner and just being in the condo.  So we went to this fabulous sushi restaurant that I hope to get again.  Sunday we wanted to sleep in late and hike or something in Moab but alas, Brandee had plans for Sunday and that didn't include keeping our kids all day.  So we had to get right back.  That was ok and I am so thankful she took our kids for all that time, but we then went as a family to Chuck-A-Rama for dinner.

So Scott removed one side of Sam's crib because he keeps climbing out and I'm afraid he will fall and hurt himself.  But just as my fears have confirmed, he does not want to sleep now.  He has gotten out of his bed very early each morning.  This morning he did get back into bed, but he won't take a nap.  He is ornery and he is DIFFICULT!  He better figure this out soon because this is becoming a serious life interrupter.  On a positive note he is becoming so talkative.  He is telling me very serious things that most of the time I cannot understand what he is talking about.  But it is fun to see that development in him.

I was really proud of Eric today.  We have encouraged him to fast at least one meal since his baptism.  Since Church is during lunch time he has breakfast and then begin's his fast.  Today he wondered why or what purpose he should fast.  So that allowed me to talk to him and some things that he could fast for.  On his own he chose to fast for better patience with Sam and Rubie and help in school especially remembering his math facts.  On his own he wanted to know how to end his fast, so after Church he went to his room and had a prayer on his own.  He is such a great boy.  He is really developing his own testimony.  Nothing makes me happier.

No comments: