Sunday, October 26, 2014

Habitat

It's been a fairly normal week back from Fall Break.  No school on Monday so Rubie and I continued to work on and finish her habitat for her science class.  She chose to make an African Savannah.  Eric participated in the Junior Spelling Bee this week.  He won 1st place in his class.  Then on Wednesday he placed 8 out of 12 among the Jr. Spellers.  I didn't make it as Samuel wasn't feeling well.  I went to a young women's activity at the Timpanogos Cove Park. In preparation for the upcoming YW in Excellence night (which the Laurels are in charge of) we were given little books to record how we see the hand of the Lord in our lives. I went to help the 2nd graders on Friday with The Monk Project.  The kids wrote words (The Lord is my Shepherd) in/on different materials like wax, animal skin, metal, and clay just like monks would have while wearing a monk robe.  Eric's school friend Jordan Rowley came over and the kids all went to BLK Halloween Buddy Party.  Saturday afternoon when the kids were all bored I took them back to Corn Belly's.  Brock Charlton came along with us this time.  My favorite this time was watching Samuel watch the fireworks that went off at 8:30 and lasted for about 10 minutes.  He has such good facial and voice reactions to something exciting and cool.  He used that voice pretty well in sacrament meeting today as he kept calling out "MA! MA!" while looking at a book or seeing someone or something that he wanted to call my attention to.  Sister Francis gave me a special assignment of a young women today.  Taylor Johnson, whom I don't know well because they moved into the ward after I was out of young women's for awhile.  She needs some extra attention though and Sister Francis feels like I can help.

No comments: