Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the women in my life.  How do I put into words how I feel about being a mother.  It is the hardest job I have ever taken on.  But I love it.  I love my three beautiful children, Eric, Rubie, and Samuel.  I love to see their personalities and character grow and develop.  I am scared for them to face life's challenges and heart-aches, but excited for them to experience the glories and happiness of life.  I feel such a heavy responsibility to make sure they have the best possible chance to take on life and its challenges.  I feel such a great responsibility to teach them the gospel and share my testimony with them and to make sure they know how to develop their own testimony.  I feel a great need to make sure they feel completely loved and accepted by me and that they know I think they are the greatest!  Some days are hard for me and I may not be happy with them or how much they demand.  I want to do better.  I want to show them that though I may not be happy with their behavior or choices, my love is not diminished.

Both Eric and Rubie made me wonderful gifts with the help of their school teachers.  From Rubie I received a love rock and a coupon book with certain chore coupons.  Eric brought home a recipe book and his account of us making cookies together.  In art they each made a banner with M O M on the flags.  Rubie also colored a bouquet of flowers.  It's a nice mother's day.  What I love most is the things I can get my family to do for me simply because it is Mother's Day.  In a few minutes we are off to visit my mom and grandma Perry.  I love my mother.  She is so dear and sweet and Grandma Perry is wonderful.  They both are so unselfish and want to always make things nice for all the family.  They are beautiful examples of hard work

No comments: