Sunday, May 4, 2014

38

Well, I turned 38 years old.  It was sort of anti-climatic.  No other parents in Rubie's class would trade or go in for that day so even though Scott worked from home to help me out or give me some time, I was not able to take good advantage of it.  Carlee did pick up Samuel and take him for the afternoon.  She brought him back with all of her boys.  She did the St. George 70.3 this weekend and needed some time to get ready so I watched her boys.  It was Finn's birthday too.  He turned 3.  After they left we did go out to dinner as a family to Pizza Pie Cafe because I didn't feel like making dinner.  They kids were good and we enjoyed it.  Scott did say I could go shopping but I have not had a chance yet.  He had drill this weekend starting Friday morning and I didn't feel like getting a babysitter so I could go shopping.  I feel like we have just had friends and cousins over all weekend to play.  And we have.  I'll have an extra kid tomorrow too that I'm a bit nervous about.  I received an assignment to call sisters to commit them to help with our ward's assignment of temple cleaning, but most of the sisters I was assigned to call also had young kids at home (doesn't really make sense to me why we(I mean my church leaders) are always asking moms with young kids to fulfill assignments that require us finding babysitters) anyway, I felt obligated to offer babysitting so other sisters could go clean the temple.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be too crazy.

Have I mentioned that I committed to James to be a part of his Saints to Sinners team relay?  I'm completely nervous about it in the sense of being ready physically--meaning trained, fit and in shape for this relay.  He gave me a couple of workouts to do and I'm trying.  I went on a ride last week with John Lloyd and Steve Bam.  We climbed Squaw Peak 3 + times.  The plus is because Steve couldn't start the ride with us and after John and I had gone up twice he started.  After a bit we decided to go down and meet him and ride back up with him.  He was only a little more than a mile down the road when we caught up to him.  It was a lot of climbing and totally kicked my butt.  I was not prepared with adequate food.  That is part of the training though too.  I still have like 15 pounds that I'd like to drop.  It's so hard!  I need to be more committed that way.  With Easter and my birthday I have not been too careful with food.  I'm committing right now to be better.  That ride will sneak up on me quick!

No comments: