Sunday, March 16, 2014

Samuel is surrounded by Angels

Highlights of the week:

From Eric:
1.  Going to Crew's Lego themed birthday party.
2.  Still going strong on the Idida-read.  It is really good, it is helping me to read a lot.
3.  I liked playing with the Tullet's this week and Brock.

4.  Rubie had a Dr. Zeuss birthday party at school on Friday.

5.  We went to a surprise party for Carlee Tullet on Saturday.  It was at James and Sunny Lawrence's and a group of athletes and friends came together to wish Carlee happy birthday.  We ate and watched Carlee open 30 gag gifts.  She turned 30.  We had a fun time.  I hope she did.

So Samuel has demonstrated yet again that he is definitely guarded by angels.  This Thursday when the Tullet boys came over to play everyone was outside playing.  I went outside too so that Finn and Samuel could play outside.  All the other kids (Eric, Rubie, Reed, Link) were playing on the trampoline mostly.  Sam, Finn, and I were just playing on the playset and with the toys in the backyard.  The other kids were playing a game that they kept getting off the tramp and running into the front yard via there "secret gate" which is the a little gate that accesses the downstairs apartment of the house next door.  Since part of the fence is missing the kids can get into their back yard.  Samuel was watching them and wanted to do it too.  There are large boulders that the kids climb up to get into the neighbors back yard, to their sidewalk, and out that little gate.  I wasn't letting Samuel do it.  After a moment of talking to the bigger kids and doing something with Finn I turned around and did not see Samuel.  I noticed the door to the house was open and thought he might have gone in.  I ran in yelling for him.  He never answered so I searched quickly then went back outside.  I thought maybe he got our gate open and went in the front yard.  Anthony Platt was out, I yelled if he had seen Samuel.  He hadn't.  I ran back to the back yard and all the kids were there I yelled for them to scatter and start searching for Samuel.  I soon heard Patrick Platt yelling that he found Samuel.  He was on the sidewalk about to go into the road just outside the little gate.  He must have gotten up the rocks the few seconds that my back was turned and then while I was looking for him he got out the little gate.  Whew!  That jolted me for awhile.

Then this morning I curled my hair for church as I usually do.  I left the curling iron on hoping to use it on Rubie's hair.  I got the kids up and downstairs to get them breakfast.  When Samuel was done I took him out of his high chair and was getting snacks for Church and he just was walking around.  Pretty soon Scott started SCREAMING and I hear Sam crying.  Scott found Samuel in my bathroom with the curling iron on the floor in front of him.  When I heard Scott scream my mind all of a sudden scanned quickly dangers that Sam could have found and I knew it was the curling iron.  I sprinted up the stairs and grabbed Sam.  My heart was beating so fast.  I could have been having a heart attack.  I grabbed the Lavendar Oil and started searching his body.  I didn't find any burns but put oil on my hands and just was touching him. He was only wearing a diaper too! It took me awhile to calm down.  I was so scared.  It wasn't until after church when I changed his church clothes that I saw a big read burn down his arm from his shoulder to his elbow.  It is a dark red burn, but could be so much worse.  He doesn't even act like it hurts him.  I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for watching out for this precious little person.  My goodness.  I feel so bad at what could have happened to him.  I need help from the family to watch out for him better.


No comments: