Sunday, March 9, 2014

Daylight Savings

I totally did not pay attention that it was Daylight Savings Time (dst).  Thank goodness I got up to get ready for Church at what I thought was early.  Samuel woke up and as I got up I opened his window and saw some people going to Church.  I thought I wonder why they are going so early.  Then I sat down to hold Samuel in his chair and turned on my phone and got on to FB for a minute.  Some people were making comments about getting ready for dst, I thought huh.  And then I looked at what time my phone showed.  8:30 am!!  Why isn't it 7:30 am?  Duh, dst is today!  Why I had not paid attention to that I do not know.  All the years of having dst time in April and October it still is not habit for me, or ingrained in me that it occurs now in March and November.  Thank goodness for a cell phone that always has the correct time.  We hurried and got Eric and Rubie up and we made it to church just after the sacrament was passed.  So we did miss the sacrament, that is a bummer--the major reason to attend church.  But what can you do, I'm not going to let it ruin my week.  I did get RS set up right after sacrament without any stress.  I was able to get two sisters I've had my eye on for offering prayers and got the songs.  This week I had to get a sub for Anna Stice, our regular teacher who teaches each 2nd Sunday.  But she had a baby a couple weeks ago and although she insisted she could teach today, I insisted she needed another few weeks.  I remember well what it is like to have a brand new baby.  I was teaching the presidency message last week in RS and after Kim Schroeppel made a comment I pretty much knew I would like to ask her to teach.  Through a prayer I confirmed it and then Shannon had the same thought that Kim was ready to participate somehow.  She is hard for me to pin down by phone or text, but I was persistent and got her.  And she said yes!  That was a big deal!  She told me that in the middle of the week she almost backed out.  It was personally a hard subject for her to teach--Faith and Repentance.  But she did a great job!

Still waiting for something to happen with @Task for Scott.  He didn't get hired for the job he interviewed for because there is a different opportunity they have for him that will actually be a much better fit.  I really hope they can come through on the $ that he has asked for.

Eric and Rubie had a good week at school.  I love going to Rubie's class on Thursdays and seeing how she is in class.  She is good except that she does have a hard time staying in her seat and focusing sometimes.  They didn't have school on Friday.  Eric is participating in the Readitarod (like Iditarod, but for reading), and 7 Peaks reading contest.  He has to read at least 37 minutes each day to get the 500 minutes of reading and to make the Readitarod.  He is motivated though to read more.  He has been reading 45-52 minutes and has goals of how much to read to hit certain check points.  I love to see how he sets

From Rubie:  Something fun this week was watching Frozen with my family.  We loved it!!  I pretty much narrated what was going to happen for mommy and I sang all the songs.  I made our family room into a kitchen because I got a mixer from Ross and have been cooking all week.  I hate it when Samuel messes it up and makes my kitchen and cooking messy but I guess I have to let him play with it too.  The Tulett's came over on Friday.  We played ninja. Saturday I rode my scooter with Paige and Kinzie.  I got a new Sunday dress.  We dropped Eric off at Camden's to play with his school buddies and mommy and Samuel and I went to Costco.  I got to choose a spring dress.  It is so pretty I look like a butterfly garden.  Daddy set the trampoline up on Saturday--yeah!

No comments: