Sunday, January 12, 2014

2nd Week of January

In Eric's school classroom, on or around a child's birthday they have a celebration for that child.  I was able to go to his classroom on Monday for the celebration.  Mrs. Soderstrom had sent a book home with Eric for him to fill out and then share with the class.  There were pages that asked for pictures of him at different ages. What his favorite foods are, favorite colors, who is in his family, and a funny experience that has happened to him.  Then each child in the class comes up and says what they like about Eric, then I get to say what I think is special about Eric, and then Mrs. Soderstrom says a few things.  I loved this part of the celebration.  What a cool thing to do.  About Eric the kids said things like: he is funny, he is nice, he is a friend to everyone, he always smiles, he doesn't look on others papers, he is a good buddy, he makes funny faces, he is positive.  Mrs. Soderstrom loves his smile and his cheerful, positive nature.  I love that about Eric too.  Then they sang Happy Birthday to him in a crazy Cha, cha, cha way.  Then Eric had asked for donuts and so we passed out a donut to everyone in his class.

Just a bit about our weekly schedule: Monday kids have school then karate.  Tuesday kids have school then dance.  Rubie and Eric are taking a dance class right now.  They are in different classes.  Rubie goes to ballet right after school, an hour later Eric has Hip Hop.  Their performance is in just 2 weeks.  Then we will be taking a break from dance.  They like their classes and like taking dance but they complain about going every week.  And I admit, it is long and quite a commitment.  I'm tired of the complaining each week and so I said after the January performance we won't take it for the next semester.  If they want to sign up again we can next year.  It does make me a little sad because Rubie is such a beautiful dancer and I really want her to keep taking it.  I kind of hope that they want to again.  Wednesday after school we have karate.  They look forward to Thursday and Friday not having anything after school.  I do too.  It gets crazy with trying to get chores and homework and reading done each week.  Cooking and cleaning and taking care of the kids.  I never get a break and I try to remain positive and just do a good job.  I love being a mother, but I hate being a housekeeper.  My relief society calling adds stress to my life, and Scott does not help much.  I am not getting training in at all.  I am lucky to get some exercise in and I can't think too hard about this or I get really depressed and down about it.  Even when I have a Relief Society meeting or want to go to the temple, he can't make himself available to be here when I need him.  He'll say, I have this and this and this, so I'll get here when I can.  If we had more money I would just get babysitters, but it takes so much of our money to pay babysitters I never do.  Again I try not to think too hard about this because I get angry and upset at him about it.  And I don't want to be.

Jessica and Emmanuel announced to us all today--by text message--that they are expecting a baby.  She is due August 4th.  I wasn't sure they would ever get pregnant.  Of course we are thrilled for them.

No comments: