Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

So today when I woke up mom told me it was St. Patrick's Day. Yeah, that sounds fun, but what is it. I learned that on St. Patrick's Day everyone must wear green or we can be pinched. I don't want to be pinched, but I'll pinch Rubie. We also get to have a treasure hunt because a little man hides gold at the end of his rainbow.

After gymnastics we picked up Carolyn and then we headed to a park where Noah, Max, Dillon, and Adam were already playing. I played for awhile with Noah and Dillon at the playground, in the dirt and rocks and around the ducks, and then mom announced "It is time for the treasure hunt!!" Sarah had the first clue and it told us to go to the slide. We found another clue that took us to the ducks, then to a bench, then we went to the rocks, and finally a big tree. Right in the tree was a hidden treasure. The treasure was yummy but the best part was the hunting.

Playing with Noah and Dillon on the rocks.

The dirt and rocks are great.

Rubie was fascinated by the ducks.

Look some are flying!

Come on Carolyn, push me on the swing.

The hunt is on.

Clue number 2 under the slide.

Next clue in the rocks.

The fourth clue was under a bench.

The next clue was near the ducks. What is this dog going to do? Oh, he is just interested in the ducks. Phew!

The last clue led us to a big tree.

Hey, what is my jacket doing up there? And what is in it?

Gold!! And it's candy. Yeah, candy, candy, candy!!

Everyone got to enjoy a piece. Let's do it again!

2 comments:

JessWilson said...

Thanks for the fun idea and letting us tag along (and all the great pictures!). Dylan and Adam had a blast playing, and I had fun chatting! Perfect day.

Pamela Wiscombe said...

Jen, the amazing Jen, continues on being the great mother and woman I know. Your two little kids are getting so big, and just as cute as ever. I can't believe how big Rubie is now.