Sunday, July 12, 2009

4th of July Holiday

We had a fun 4th of July holiday. Dad had the day off on Friday so we went for a hike. Rubie rides in the baby backpack now so I am big enough that I get to hike. It was a beautiful day. I found lots of sticks, ants, bugs, rocks, roots, and loved seeing the river. We hiked on the Timpanooke trail. I made 3/4 of a mile to see Scout Falls. Then I was tired and wanted to go home.
Rubie really enjoyed her ride on Dad's back.
I got so excited about the hike that I started running down the trail. A big tree root caught me foot and I went flying. I really scraped my knee and it was bleeding all down my leg. Mom cleaned me up with wipes and made a bandage. A cookie helped me feel better and stop crying.
We had a little snack before continuing down the mountain. When we got home, I got to put a Mater bandage on my knee. Despite falling I still really like hiking.

Later that day we met the Jarvis' at Provo's Freedom Festival. There were a lot of things to see and do. There was a huge army truck that we got to go into. We got into the front and sat in the drivers seat and got to check out all the cool stuff in the truck.
We also got into the back. It's a huge truck.
Then we played in this big sandbox on a trailer. There were colored rocks hidden in the sand. If you found them, you got a piece of candy. I found like three.Rubie climbed into the sand box too.
Then she tried to eat the sand. I don't think she thought it tasted very good.


The next day on the 4th of July we had to wake up early to go to the parade. Daddy got to where a sheriff uniform and had some important duties with traffic control and stuff. Lloyd came with mommy, Rubie, and I and we went to sit with Noah and his family to watch the parade.
One of the best parts of the parade is getting candy.
Rubie liked the snacks and enjoyed watching the parade too.

We had a blast watching the parade and hanging out with friends. But it was long. Rubie missed her nap and was so tired. After the parade mom took us home, both Rubie and I fell asleep instantly in the car. When we woke up we all went to Aunt Angela's house for lunch. There we got to hang out with Angela, Brett, Alec, Maomie, Dellitt, Grandma and Grandpa Wilson and Katie. Aunt Brandee and Hayden and Eli came for a few minutes too. We ate and played games, colored and played with Katie. I tried to get her to play fetch with sticks, but she wasn't interested.

3 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

I love it. Can I steal some of the pictures with Noah in it?

Dellitt said...

I love the picture of Rubie eating snacks. She's just gorgeous! She looks ready to be in high school! Can't decide which is my favorite picture of Eric. Love the one from behind when he's hiking, but also the one with his bandaged knee and he looks so forlorn. Also, Scott is looking nice and trim!

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow Scott looks great. I'm always jealous of what you and the Jarvis family do. You guys always have so much fun.