Monday, January 9, 2017

Snow Shoe Yeah!

This past week we got lots of snow here.  Then it rained and ruined it.  But then we got snow again.  I have really been feeling the pull of the mountains to get out there.  So after a long morning of chores and cleaning on Saturday we got the family to the mountains for some snow shoeing.  It was late enough in the day and snowing that we needed to just go to a close spot so we went to Tibble Fork.  Tibble Fork is under construction for building a new damn.  But they have still left space so that recreation-ers can get around the construction to enough the small part of the canyon.  Sam insisted on wearing snow shoes, so I let Eric wear mine and Sam wore the little blue ones.  I was amazed but Eric did totally great in my snow shoes.  So I decided it was time for me to get a new pair and Eric can wear those.  Next year I can get another new pair and hand off the other set to Rubie.  Then they won't need new snow shoes for years.  Great!

We have all been battling chest congestion with a nagging cough.  It zaps some energy and we felt tired yesterday.  We have early church this year and when we got home, we were super lazy and indulgent in laying around and not doing much.  Well, after a scout meeting for me and Scott and Eric moving lots of wet snow out of gutters.  It had snowed so much and then began to rain that there was water everywhere.  The streets and yards were just flowing.

No comments: