Friday, January 27, 2017

Musical Performance

Yesterday the parents of the students at Learning Zoo Preschool were invited to watch a performance of their students.  The first 15 minutes of the school day was a musical performance from the students.  They were so cute I loved it!!  Every song had motions and movements to help the students know the words and musical patterns.  I was super impressed with Marsha and her mom (Saetrum) that are the teachers, known as Mrs. S and Mrs. J.  Sam did really well too.  I stood right up there and sang and did the actions.  I really loved the interpretive song that they had cut outs of a ship and waves and storms and sun.  They interpreted Beethoven's 5th Symphony (a few seconds of it).

Earlier this week I was able to accompany the 3rd graders to the Museum of Natural Curiosity field trip.  It was lots of fun though tiring.  I had fun with the other parents and Rubie and her group.

Rubie and Eric have been doing great in karate.  Rubie has earned 2 trophies for her performances in class.  Maybe I should start awarding trophies for good performance at home?

I'm trying to endure the gray weather.  Getting outside if there is even a bit of blue ski helps, but I am having serious issues with the gray skies and inversion pollution.  Carlee and I have snowshoeing planned tomorrow.  That will help me.  I have her 3 youngest here today.

Scott was out of town just the first 3 days of this week.  But he is home for the weekend.  He was gone all last week and then had drill on the weekend.  He was vaccinated with the small pox vaccine.  His arm is off limits to anyone.  He has strict instructions to not let anyone touch the spot and to keep it covered and to wash his clothing separately from the rest of the families.  Gee that is comforting to me.

No comments: