Monday, June 13, 2016

Better Days

We had much days after the bad one.  Thursday was actually great.  We had the Tulett boys here all day Thursday so I guess I was more prepared to entertain.  Rubie had tennis lessons, then I fed all the kids eggo waffles.  They played in the house because Stewart's sprayed the lawn.  Then after lunch I sent them outside with water balloons.  I finally have invested in a few packages of the Bunch O' Balloons so the kids can fill them fast.  After 10 minutes and all the 100 + balloons were popped, I zipped tied the hose to the top of the slide on the play set and secured the slip n' slide beneath it and let the kids smack their bottoms, knees, and all their parts while slipping and sliding all over the slide and slip n' slide.  I handed out Popsicles and then we spent the rest of the afternoon doing Perler bead creations.  Preston happened to come over and was here all day too and only added to the fun.  All the kids loved the day and told me how much fun they had.  I loved listening to the kids around the table as they chatted and came up with bead creations.

Friday I took the kids hiking to Battle Creek Falls.  Eric invited Mckade Wallace and Rubie invited Sage Johnson.  Sam was not feeling well, I carried him the whole way.  He is heavy!  We had a great hike.  Eric and Rubie do so much better hiking when they have friends along.  It's a dirty hike.  The car is all dusty, clay dirty.

Saturday was a rainy day on and off.  We started out helping with our turn to clean the church building.  We pretty much just did chores and whatever.  Rubie played at Paige's house and Eric went to Brock's birthday cuddle puppy party.

No comments: