Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Next Part of October

So we had a fun Fall Break.  On that Thursday Scott took Eric early in the morning over to the Jarvis's.  Karl took Noah, Max, and Eric to Moab for a couple days.  So what did Rubie and Sam and I do all day Thursday.  Well, all of Rubie's neighborhood friends were gone with their RV's and families to Goblin Valley.  I think we just stayed home.  I'm not sure.  But Friday we met up with Cassie and our cousins at CornBelly's.  We had a blast and stayed way later than we planned on.  I bought bounce back passes because I knew we were coming back on Monday.  Saturday I know I went to the temple and Scott did pick up Eric from the Jarvis' later that day.  It was probably on Thursday I took Rubie to Toy 'R Us to spend her birthday money oh a flying fairy.  I had a talk with her on the way there explaining getting your period.  Her reaction was hilarious.  She was grossed out and that it sounded bad.  She did ask some good questions, there is still more to talk about.  But I at least got that talk started.

She was so excited for her flying fairy.  In her exuberance she cut the cord that charges the fairy.  She was devastated.  It was a sad lesson for her and last week I gave in and bought her a new one.  I just felt so bad that she had saved her birthday money and allowance for so long for it.

On that Monday we went back to CornBelly's with the Jarvis' and Brock.  Amy needed somewhere for Brock to go.  I invited him thinking that Eric and Noah would and he would be able to do CornBelly's together.  But Eric and Brock had a hard time including Noah, or Noah had a hard time being included.  I couldn't tell which.  It was a chillier day than on Friday but not bad and we had a great time.  I let the kids do some of the extra stuff like the zip line, rock climbing, apple blasters, mini golf.  It was great.  And later in the afternoon one of Noah's school friends came to join us.  Then at 5:30 we went to the new Slab Pizza there in Lehi right near Thanksgiving Point where we met up with Mandy, Courtney and Roger and Simi was there and Courtney's brother Chris.  Scott wanted to join us but he went to San Diego that morning.  He is back there this week.

Eric and Rubie had a small karate tournament last Friday.  They have a bigger one next month.

This past Saturday Rubie wanted me to take her to the play that AHS put on.  It was The King and I.  I had a nice time with her and was glad she wanted me to take her.  We sat on the side bleachers not near anyone else and for that I'm glad because she pretended to sing and dance along to the songs.  She really like the musical numbers.  The play was well-done.  Sam was sick this weekend though.  I got a sinus infection last week and don't know if he got it from me or some other way.  I'm not usually contagious with sinus infections.  But he had fevers for a few days.  Sunday I took him to Instacare.  He had laryngitis.  I'm glad it wasn't strep.  As of yesterday he seemed so much better and today I think his voice is back to normal.  Poor little guy.

No comments: