Sunday, April 19, 2015

Home Sick

This has not been a typical week.  Both Samuel and Rubie were sick this week.  Rubie started to lose her voice on Monday but still went to school.  Monday night I had a feeling she was getting worse and by Tuesday morning she had a fever and was feeling nauseous.  Then Sam came down with it too.  It's hard on me to have sick kids.  They just require so much from me and I don't get any kind of a break.  Rubie especially is needy.  She was well enough that she wanted me to still play with her and entertain her.  I had to force her to lie down and rest.  Tuesday the weather was nice and so when Sam was ok, I took him outside just to get some fresh air.  Rubie came right out to play ball and jump on the trampoline.  By Friday I was so ready for her to go back to school.  But then on Friday I had Alena Parker and Addie Huddleston come over.  Their moms were doing a long run and setting up the Grove Crest 5K.  I wanted to do a long run.  I missed a lot of workouts this week.  I'm pretty disappointed with myself and not getting in my workouts and my food choices.  I made a goal today to not eat any wheat based food.  I did well.  I only lapsed when Eric was about to waste over half his cereal and I had already thrown that much of Sam's away.  Eating food that the kids are going to waste is probably my biggest downfall with food choices.  So today I did well.  I'm going to continue that this week.

I spent much time yesterday helping with food prep for the ward activity last night.  It was the annual YM/YW fundraiser.  We held a dinner and auction.  Scott was at army all weekend.  I helped with food prep but didn't attend the activity.  I just didn't feel like using the beehives for free babysitting.  I already had Ireland last Sunday night so that Scott and I could attend the adult fireside on recognizing signs of suicide in kids and teens.

There has not been much that went on this week.  I have been very tied to the house.  One tender mercy was Stephanie Searle having Sam come over on Monday.  Last Saturday we bought flowers to put in the planters on the porch.  I was preparing the planters with gravel in them.  I thought I could do it with Sam and that he would like putting the rocks in the planters.  But, he only wanted to take them out.  As fast as I could get the gravel in the pots, he would throw it out across the porch and the lawn.  That was not working so he went over to the Searle's to play with Connor.  It took me between 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get the pots planted and the porch cleaned up.  They look beautiful.  I hope that Sam leaves them alone and that we can keep them alive all summer.

No comments: