Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fall Festival

This is was just kind of a normal week.  Kids had 4 days of school with Friday off for Teacher In-Service.  Although Friday evening was the annual Fall Festival.  Camden Norton had come over to play earlier in the day and so he and Eric got to pal around at the Festival together.  Rubie invited Julie Huddleston to come along.  They played games and we rode a hay ride.  I played with Samuel on the playground and cheering the kids on.  We have been a little bit under the weather.  Scott stayed home from church last week not feeling well.  I still am suffering with sinus infection symptoms and Rubie stayed home from school with cold like symptoms.  Samuel as well has had a really runny nose.  I'm sure all of us have caught something from each other, I just need to figure out how to get rid of it.  For me it is really affecting my energy level and my body is producing a constant supply of mucus.  Yuck!!  I joined an Adult Swim Class at the AF rec center.  I'm committed to improving my swim to participate in triathlon.  The teacher is Jenn Mann.  I actually met her through Sarah Thomas at the Women of Steel Triathlon in May 2010.  She remembered me.  She gave me things to work on with my swim stroke.  I really hope her coaching will stick with me and I will be able to improve my swimming ability.

Phone message from Mrs. Soderstrom:

Included in an email from Mrs. Davis:

       Eric is a wonderful young man.  I love his enthusiasm and his genuine concern for the other students.  On Friday last week, he was especially kind to a little girl in our class who was discouraged about phonograms.  Eric made a special point of praising this little girl for her hard work.   He is a very positive influence in our classroom.  All of the children love him and so do I.

No comments: