Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rubie's primary talk

On Sunday June, 9, Rubie was assigned to give a talk in primary about baptism using a scripture found in 2 Nephi.  This is her talk:

When Jesus visited the Nephites in America he commanded, "Come unto me, and be baptized in my name, that ye may receive a remission of your sins, and be filled with the Holy Ghost."

I will follow Heavenly Father's Plan by being baptized and confirmed.  Jesus teaches that children shouldn't be baptized until they are old enough to understand the difference between right and wrong.  The scriptures say this is age eight.  I am looking forward to the day I can get baptized.

When I do get baptized I will wear white and my Dad who has the priesthood will baptize me.  I will make a covenant with Heavenly Father which is a promise between me and Heavenly Father.

I will promise to remember Jesus.  Keep His commandments.  And take on me the name of Christ.  Taking on the name of Christ means that I will try to live like Jesus and do what He wants instead of what the world wants.

After I get baptized I will receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost is part of the Godhead along with Heavenly Father and Jesus.  He has many jobs like comforting us and helping us know what is true and right.

I am preparing now to be baptized by learning about Jesus and His gospel.  I practice making right choices and listening to the Spirit.  I know that Heavenly Father wants me to follow Jesus Christ's example by being baptized.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: