Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

We had a lovely Easter holiday.  Again Scott was not here with us.  He went to Warrior Leadership Training on March 29.  We will get to visit him for his graduation this Thursday, April 12.  He will be home on Friday morning.  My mom, Grandma Jeppson, came to visit and do some Easter activities with me and the kids.  She came on Friday night and brought Eric and Rubie some Easter gifts.  Rubie was so patient to open hers.  Eric had a birthday party at Tyler Saetrum's to go to.  So Rubie waited until he got back to open her gift.  Grandma gave each of them a very cute story, the favorite one being about Peepsqueak.  Also included was a beautiful book about the Savior, perfect to look at during Sacrament meeting.  A puzzle and some treats.  Saturday morning Grandma and I filled some Easter eggs and I hid them in the back yard.  Eric and Rubie had some much fun finding the eggs.  Grandma even including 10 $1 bills and $10 worth of quarters.  The kids loved that.

After lunch we did a craft making some foam bunny ear visors.  Then we decorated/colored eggs.  The kids loved that and we made some very cute eggs.  At the end they just started mixing all the colors and then the blue got spilled all over the table, floor, and Rubie's clothes.  So I put on a movie and ended up washing the whole floor and cleaning.  

Then Grandma told the kids they could buy a toy with their money they found.  We went to the dollar store but there was nothing really worth buying so went to Target where Eric choose an Iron Man chest light that actually attaches to a T-shirt, and Rubie choose a Little Mermaid doll.

Easter morning the Easter Bunny left some baskets with a big and little chocolate bunnies for the kids and a few gifts.  Also beautiful new Church/Easter outfits.  The kids looked so beautiful I really wanted their Dad to see them.

I was visited in the morning by the bishopric to give me a calling.  Back into Young Women's as a Mia Maid adviser. I am thrilled, I love the young women and really feel like I get to know the ward when I am involved with the youth.  There are 15 Mia Maids and will be 2 more added during the year.  So there is also another adviser along with the 2nd counselor.  It's interesting over the last few weeks, I have seen this ward is full of such capable and faithful people I was thinking there really isn't a need in this ward for me to fulfill.  And I have been happy not having a calling.  Especially with a new baby coming it is nice not to have something that requires so much time.  But, well, in my temple recommend interview the bishop let me know that they really have felt I am the right person to put in this calling.  Mia Maids is a critical time in a young woman's life, as I know, and there are many girls in the ward that really struggle with feelings of worth, self-esteem, confidence, and the Bishop feels I can help.  Well, I do have ideas, but I know only with the Lord will we be able to make a difference.  Sister Evans, the 2nd counselor over the Mia Maids already gave me an assignment to come up with a fitness program for the girls to follow to get them in shape for girls camp and Trek coming up this summer.

We had Easter dinner over at Scott's dad's house.  There was Grandpa Wilson, Dellitt, Angela, Alec, and Maomi.  We had a very nice dinner.  Alec and Maomi were great with Eric and Rubie and entertained them for a long time.  They did probably 10 Easter egg hunts.  Alec hid eggs, then the kids found them.  Then Maomi hid the eggs.  Then Eric hid eggs.  Then Rubie hid eggs.  They all kept taking turns.  We played Eric's Angry Birds game that the Easter Bunny brought him.  Grandpa Wilson gave the kids some bubbles and we played with those for a while.  It was a nice day. 

No comments: