Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tell Me the Story

This morning I was sitting at the table with the Preach My Gospel book and reading the Book of Mormon when Eric got up from bed and came out to where I was.  He climbed up on my lap and sat there for a few minutes just waking up.  I hugged him and said good morning and then just let him sit there with my arm around him.  After a few minutes he said "Mom, that's the picture of the iron rod."  There indeed was a picture of Lehi's vision on the page of Preach My Gospel that was open.  I had a fleeting thought of "I would just like to read and finish my studying."  But it was just fleeting because at that moment the Spirit helped to recognize a teaching moment, and Eric impatiently said "Mo-um, tell me the story."  So I had a moment to tell Eric the story of Lehi's dream.  I testified of the importance of holding to the rod and what that meant for him in his life now.  Then we sang The Iron Rod .  Then his mind went to rescue dogs, spaceships, and dinosaurs.

2 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

Beautiful! That is just one of them an reasons why you are such an incredible person and mom! Eric is one lucky kid! Thank you for sharing!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Oh, and I hope that was not before 6 am. Because that is when my kids have been getting up for pretty much the last 8 weeks!!! I am about to go crazy! (Literally and virtually :-)