Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Samuel's First Talk

This past Sunday Sam gave his first talk in Primary.  For some reason he was ornery about it the week leading up to it.  He would tell me that he did not want to give the talk in Church and did not even want to go to church.  I was a little surprised by that because he was excited to participate in the primary program and speak into the microphone.  He was also excited to give a prayer.  When I wanted to go to CopyTec and print the talk and really had to talk him into coming, but he would not go in.  He did practice it sort of, until he lost interest.  When Sunday came he would say that he didn't want to do the talk.  But then when it was time to go to primary he willingly went.  He ran to the front of the room and sat in the "talk" chair.  When it was time to give the talk he jumped right up to the podium and spoke loud and clear the words I spoke to him.  He smiled and did it well.  He was very proud of himself I could tell.  But then he laid on the floor and said, "I didn't want to do that."  He is so funny.

Samuel’s talk, 11 December 2016

The scriptures teach us that the Son of God will be born in the glory of our Heavenly Father.
An angel came to Mary and told her she was special and good.  The angel told her she was going to have a baby.  The baby would be Jesus.
Mary was engaged to marry Joseph.  The angel also came to Joseph and told him that Mary was going to have a baby the Son of God.
Joseph and Mary went to Bethlehem. Jesus was born there
An angel visited shepherds and told them to go see the new baby.
Some wise men in a far-off land saw a new star and followed it to Jesus and his family.  The wise men brought Jesus gifts.
I love gifts.  Jesus is the greatest gift Heavenly Father has given us.  Because of Jesus I have many gifts in my life.  Some gifts I have are my family, friends, teachers, my home, neighborhood, the gospel, the scriptures, the Holy Ghost, and prayer. 
I am glad that Jesus was born into the world and then gave His life for us.  I will always try to follow Jesus.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.







No comments: