Saturday, December 5, 2015

1st week of December

The kids went back to school after a week off.  That was hard for them.  They have been tired and I have been trying to get them to bed earlier.  I have a feeling that this time of year they need a little more rest.  All of us have had a bit of scratchy throat, runny and congested sinuses, hoarse voices.  I have been the worst with a lingering sinus infection now of 3 weeks.  Finally for the first time in 3 weeks I have not been taking meds all day.  I have not been feeling well and I don't know what else to do to get well.  Scott is gone for the weekend.  He went somewhere on Thursday with his buddies John and Chris.  The plan is to be back Sunday evening.  Good for them that they get to go play together without the families.  I snuck downstairs to Scott's office, crawled through the piles of clothes to sit in a nice desk chair at a desk and prepare the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow.  Rubie and Sam are each on a device watching shows.  Eric is up the street hanging out with Brock and the Jarvis' should be here any moment.  I would like to be outside.  The temperature today is in the low 40's but it feels to me to be in the 50's.  It's lovely.  I want to play outside.  Since I have cut up the turkey I cooked last night and put the soup away that I made, fed the kids lunch, and have the lesson prepped, don't I deserve a bike ride.  Sigh, I have not biked outside in months.  Who am I?  I will settle for a ride on the trainer.  Maybe I could while Sarah is here.  She is going to run, then I could bike.  What a treat!  Some of the house has been cleaned but is sort of a wreck too due to kids playing.  We have done some Christmas shopping.  I took Sam one day last week and let him choose a present for Rubie, Eric, and Scott.  Then yesterday I took all the kids and let Rubie and Eric each choose gifts for each other, Sam, and Scott.  All this was done at Walmart.  We have been getting the most for our money there.  I also have some toys on layaway there.  Except I do have some clothes coming from Children's Place.  Loyalty is rewarded there.  This year we have Jessica and Emmanuel (I am pretty sure) for the sibling gift exchange.  Eric and Rubie thought it would be so cute if we got them Hoodie Footie pajamas like they wanted.  So we sent some for them including their dog Charlie.  I asked them to Skype or FaceTime us while using their gift either on Christmas Eve or Christmas.  EE!  Cute!!  Somehow I wish I could make Christmas time better.  Make more stuff, participate more in some service, I just want it to be a special time for the kids.  Just a little more money would be great.  I would love to have a holiday party for the kids with a couple friends.  I would love to make goodies with them to hand out, or another neighbor gift.  I would love to have something to give all our extended family members, but it does take money.  I'm not complaining, I'm just always amazed at how much we can really spend.  But I really love all the videos and messages the Church puts out to help us remain focused on what is important.  I still really contemplate teaching our children about the Savior and pray the Spirit of Christ will sink deep into their hearts.  I love the Savior and He is the only source of true happiness.

No comments: