Sunday, January 25, 2015

Fever, Funeral

This has been a difficult week for me.  Samuel has been very sick.  Wednesday morning he woke up with a fever.  It felt very high as his whole body was so hot.  I tried to take his temperature a couple times but could only get a reading of about 100 degrees.  Which is hot but not too concerning.  But he was so uncomfortable.  His fever lasted until Friday morning.  He was be so lethargic and weak and just lay there and want to cuddle.  And then later he would get so ornery and irritable.  I was worried about him getting dehydrated, but he would drink a little water and still had tears and mucus.  Finally on Thursday night the fever subsided a little and he ate a very small amount of soup.  He slept through the night and ate breakfast Friday morning but still had the fever, but it seemed to go away.  It made it so hard for me to do anything else but take care of him.  He threw up once in the car and then another time in my bed, icky.  I missed exercise sessions and YW activity.  It was hard to do anything.  Scott was able to be home Thursday morning so I could go to swimming class, but that was it.

Scott's cousin's wife, Becky Lockhart, passed away this week.  Scott went to her viewing Thursday evening and the funeral on Friday.  She was the former speaker of the Utah house, first woman speaker of the house.  She was very loved and very well known.  She has been talked about on the radio and there have been billboards all up and down I-15 in memorial to her.  I only met her a few times but she had her family were very impressive.

Eric and Rubie had a good week.  Monday was MLK day, a day off of school.  As a family we went to the Provo Beach Resort for some fun.  We had lunch, did bowling, and just played around.  We all had a great time.  We did make Samuel miss his nap which after a while we were all paying the price.  That is when we got the kids ice cream and then decided to leave.  Sam bowled a little bit but after a while he got bored with it.  So I took him to the large play place, but he needed me to climb through it with him.  So I was all through it with him.  Of course I wanted to just sit there, but then again....It is such a sweet memory playing with him as we climb all through the twists and turns and he laughs as we tumble and roll and go down the long long slide.  He does it over and over and over and I'm glad to have been able to play with him.

Today is Stake Conference and Scott has drill.  Sam is doing better.  He was still tired yesterday and wanted to watch movies and cuddle and not play that much.  Hopefully he will be good in the primary room or some other room while we are at the Church meetings.

No comments: