Sunday, April 13, 2014

End of Spring Break

For the 3rd Sunday in a row I am not at the Church building.  On the 5th Sunday in March Scott and I were too sick to go to church.  I'm not sure what we had.  A combination of allergy induced sinus infections or colds.  Scott still has a bit hanging on but I am much improved, almost better.  Then last weekend was Conference weekend.  And today Samuel is keeping me home.  Scott is at drill so I sent Eric and Rubie to primary.  But Samuel and I are at home.  He woke up yesterday with a goopy eye.  I cleaned him up and then I had already arranged for Bailey Wallace to come babysit so I could go on a bike ride.  He seemed fine so I went ahead with my plans.  Two hours later when I returned he had more goop coming from his eye and it definitely was pink.  So I called Dr. Savage to get some drops so I could start him on those right away.  This morning hardly any goop but still pink.  And he has a rash all over his torso and I bit under his arms.  At first it looked like bug bites a few on arms and legs but then I saw red splotchy areas all over his torso.  I have NO idea what that is.  I'll try Lavender oil and see if that helps.  I have stripped all bed sheets though and have grabbed all towels and washcloths to wash.  I hate how contagious pink eye is.  I just hope we don't all get it.  About a year ago, or even earlier in the school year, I don't quite remember, Eric came home with it.  Then Rubie got it.  Then Samuel got it a few days later and then I got it.  Ugh!  I hope we can fight it off.

This week has been Spring Break.  Eric and Rubie have really enjoyed having some days off of school and have taken full advantage of it by staying up late.  Sleeping in.  Watching TV in the morning and playing with friends as much as possible throughout the day.  We didn't plan a whole lot.  Tuesday we spent the day at the Tulett's so I could bike and Carlee did a bike and run workout.  Thursday afternoon we picked Scott up from work and went to Wheeler Farm for a picnic lunch and to see the animals.  We really enjoyed it.  The weather has been beautiful right up until last night.  In the middle of the night Samuel and I were awoken by lightning and thunder and torrential rain/snow.  I was amazed at how loud it was.  I kept looking out the windows because it was so incredible to watch.  It took Samuel an hour to get back to sleep.  The wind and rain were hitting the house with such force it was so noisy and with the thunder and lightning it was also bright and a little frightening.  I thought for sure Eric and Rubie would wake up, at least Rubie, but they were totally worn out.

No comments: