Friday, February 15, 2013

Karate Tournament

On a very snowy and icy Saturday, November 10th, Eric and Rubie had their first Karate Tournament.  It was an Inter-School Tournament between the Bobby Lawrence Karate Schools held at the South Towne Expo Center.  The kids were excited.  Except the day before the tournament Eric had this revelation that there would be lots of people there in a big place and that made him very nervous.  Since Samuel was just a week old on this day, Samuel and I did not go.  Uncle Andy used my ticket and went to cheer on the kids and support Scott.  Eric woke up and said his tummy hurt.  I just thought he was super nervous.  He was quiet and just wanted his blanket and Teddy Bear.  I forced him to eat a little oatmeal and a banana.  He threw it up later that day.  But despite him not feeling well he performed really well.  When I found out he was sick of course I felt really bad for forcing him to eat and even go to the tournament.  But it turned out well.  Eric took first place in the sparring competition.  He and Rubie both received medals for participating and really enjoyed it.  They will be even better prepared for the next tournament.


No comments: