Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Girls Weekend

Now that Rubie is one I feel like I can finally leave her for extended periods of time. (Yahoo, its about time!!) During August I went for a weekend with the girls. Finally! I went with Sarah, Courtney, and Brenda to Ogden Canyon. Sarah, Brenda, and I enjoyed a great mountain bike ride on Friday night. We biked some trails just below Snow Basin ski resort.


Our bikes of choice are treks.

We set up camp in a beautiful little spot right off the trail.

It rained really good on us through the night and early morning. The rain delayed our plans and kept us in our tent until 9:00am. By that time half our day was gone.

But we woke to find everything soaking wet. We had made comfy beds with foam mattress pads, quilts, and sleeping bags. Everything had to be dried out.

But the cold, wet weather didn't stop us. The four of us donned our running shoes and ran up the road from our camp to the ski resort. After a quick brunch we broke camp and headed to Pineview Reservoir. Sarah and Brenda swam and did a quick run while Courtney and I found another up-hill trail to run on.

Courtney and I went down to the beach after our run. Courtney took a dip to cool off, and Sarah made sure I did too. Watch your back when you are with Sarah around water.

The trip finished off with Sarah, Courtney, and I spending an hour at Midas. As we left the mountain the X-terra was acting kind of funny. After some conversation, debates, and finally calling Roger Gartz, we decided to get it checked out. Turns out that some little critter had decided that some wires inside the engine might be good for chewing. He was probably seeking shelter from the rain. That critter cost us time and money.

But we had a great time. I don't know if I can say the same for Scott with the kids. As soon as I walked in the door he just said, I'm going for a run and a bike ride. That is usually exactly how I feel at the end of the day.

No comments: